Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

My Favorite Things

Each year we make our Christmas lists, and think of gifts for others.  I am definitely a gifter, I love to give people things that they will use.  I am not big on just having stuff to look at, it should have a function.  All of my favorite things I use all of the time, and I love them.

5. My planner.  My sister always rolls her eyes at this one, but have to have a paper planner.  I am always jotting notes, making to-do lists, and editing my schedule.  I am active in so many different things that I need a place to keep it all straight.  The planner I use right now is the 24-Hour Home & Work Planner.  It gives me three different lists to organize my tasks, a 24 hour schedule ( I need a schedule that starts early enough to work on farm time), and enough space to log my workouts and write my meal plans.

4. The Original Buff.  If you have never used a buff, you don't know how versatile they can be.  I use mine as a hat, head band, or to cover my neck.  I like how lightweight and breathable they are, and how they still keep my warm even when wet.  You can put them under your hat, both around your neck and ears when it is really cold.  If it's an in-between day for running, I start out with it as a headband, and then take it off and wear it as a bracelet if I get too hot.

3. Wool Underwear.  If you have wool socks, then you know that wool is wonderfully warm and comfortable.  My wool long underwear are a must for winter paddling and skiing, they layer so well under my ski suit, and I don't get cold when they get wet.  Even beyond that, I have wool boy shorts that are great for running and paddling, too.  I layer then under regular shorts to stop chafing, as they are basically seem free. This Stoic Boy Boxer is my favorite kind.

2. KitchenAid Food Chopper.  This is hands down my favorite kitchen gadget.  I use it to chop nuts, make salsa, fruit toppings, pesto, and even blend cheeses for lasagna.  It's small, simple to use, easy to clean, and it can do so many things.  Plus it comes in all sorts of colors!

1. LL Bean Boots.  Without a doubt, my absolute favorite item is my LL Bean Boots.  To be honest, I have 3 pairs, and I could easily see myself buying 3 or 4 more.  I wear them as my go-to boots for paddling, walking, working and comfort all fall-winter-spring.  They are durable, comfortable, and not very big or bulky.  I can fit them in the canoe they are waterproof, and the gortex/thinsulate ones keep my feet toasty warm. An added bonus is that they are easy to clean. I have only worn out the soles in one pair, and that is after I wore them 200+ days a year for 5 years- and I can send them back and have  the soles replaced.  If I had to pick one favorite, it would have to be my original Maine Hunting Boots.  They fit me so well and are the perfect height.


(Photo courtesy of LL Bean)

No comments:

Post a Comment